Friday, September 7, 2012

Value Study Drawings






1. Describe your overall thoughts on the final piece.
I thought it looked very real with all of the different colors and the shading really looked good! Also adding the shadow made the final touch.

2. if this was a group project, what was your contribution?

3. How successful do you feel this piece is and why?
I thought it was pretty successful because I felt like it looked a lot better than anything else that I have ever created  before and using different tools like oil pastels gave me a new perspective of ways that I can create artwork.

4. What worked about this project? What didn’t work?
I thought the shading and colors really worked together and complimented eachother, but the shading part was hard because I always thought my looked choppy.

5. If you were to do this project over again, what changes would you consider making?
If I did this project again I would probaby use different colors like purple and silver to add more value and make it more eye catching.

6. What was the most difficult part about completing this piece and why?
The most diffficult part to me was trying to correctly blend the colors together without having lines down the object in which I was trying to draw. I could always sometimes see the colors seperating and I always tried my best to blend them a little better.

7. What did you learn from this piece?
I learned  much more about value and how to shade items correctly to make it look more realistic. I know even know how to add shadows and know my source of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment